Fire Sparked By Homeless Man Damages 3 Vehicles At Crow Motors

A homeless man trying to warm himself made an expensive mistake early Saturday morning, according to Redding Fire Investigators. Firefighters were dispatched to Crown Motors at 3:20AM. 58-year-old James Jnes later admitted that he had been in an encampment next to the Cypress Avenue car dealer and was trying to stay warm using a propane burner, usually used for cooking. Jones fell asleep and when he awoke, the fire had ignited some dry grass and leaves and spread to 3 vehicles in the car lot. Redding Fire Department extinguished the blaze, which caused an estimated $65,000 damage. Jones was booked into jail for recklessly causing a fire.