Fire Sparked By Transients Destroys Home In East Redding

A house was destroyed by fire in East Redding overnight. Redding Firefighters were called at around 2:30AM to an unoccupied house on Victor Avenue between Cypress and Hartnell. They found it well involved, according to Battalion Chief Mike Sawyer. The cause was determined to be from trespassers living inside illegally. A fire at the same house last Summer started from the next door neighbors dumping their hot barbecue coals on the ground.