Mapleton Communications, LLC
General Rules: Contests and Promotions
As part of Mapleton Communications, LLC’s programming strategies, the network and each company-owned radio station may conduct on-air contests and giveaways and other promotional activities where listeners have the ability to win cash and other valuable items.
The following are the general rules governing any contest and promotions initiated and sponsored by Mapleton. Unless modified to fit certain promotional strategies, the following rules shall apply:
1. Officers, employees, and employee-volunteers of Mapleton and their immediate families are not eligible to participate. Further, any former Officer, employee and employee-volunteers of Mapleton Communications or any of its subsidiaries is prohibited from qualifying for and/or winning a prize of any value until 24 consecutive months has passed since the last day of their employment with Mapleton Communications.
2. Members of all forms of media (including but not limited to TV, Radio, Online and newspaper) are ineligible to win any prize.
3. The decision of Mapleton in verifying and confirming qualifiers and or winners will be final. Mapleton shall reserve the right to discontinue on-going promotions and contests as it deems necessary.
4. Prizes are non-transferable. Mapleton reserves the right to substitute prizes if the prizes promised may become unavailable during the duration of the promotion. The alternate prize may be of equal or greater value than the original prize. Non-cash prizes are not convertible to cash. Prizes that are time and date sensitive such as concert tickets and trios can not be substituted if the winner is unable to use such prizes.
5. Taxes may be due for certain prizes awarded by Mapleton. It is the responsibility of the winners to pay necessary and applicable taxes due on these prizes. Winners of prizes valued at $600.00 or more shall be asked to complete IRS Form W-9, Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification. Winners who win prizes valued at a total of $600.00 during a calendar year shall be sent Form 1099-MISC. This IRS reporting form shall reflect the suggested total value of the prizes won by a single winner during the calendar year. The suggested total value of the prizes may not be the value subject to income taxes.
6. Winners shall be requested to provide photo identification upon claiming of prizes. Certain winners shall also be required to sign a release and authorize Mapleton and it’s radio network to use winners’ name in future promotions and contests. Winners shall also authorize Mapleton to put on the air their voices and comments as a form of testimonial to be used strictly for promotional purposes only.
7. Prizes that are unclaimed within three months after the announcement shall be forfeited. Checks awarded as cash prize shall be voided and forfeited if not cashed within six months from the date of the check. Cash Prizes can only be awarded if the necessary photo identification is presented.
8. Participants may win only once during a three month period. Winners are ineligible to participate and win a prize until three months from the date of their last win. For major prizes with a value of $600 or more, winner must wait one full calendar year before winning a contest on any of Mapleton’s stations. These limitations also apply to family and/or household members for both winning and qualifications for prizes. Only one qualifier/winner per family or household per contest.
9. Due to the coverage of Mapleton nationwide, contests may be void where prohibited.
10. No purchase is necessary to participate in any contest initiated and/or sponsored by Mapleton Communications, LLC.
11. A copy of these rules may be picked up at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive in Redding California 96002 during normal business hours or by sending a stamped, self-addressed envelope to the above address.
12. These rules are subject to change or modification at any time by Mapleton Communications. LLC.
Stephens Media Group
95-7 The WOLF KALF presents “Ultimate FORE for FOUR Getaway” beginning on Tuesday October 8, 2019, and ending Friday, October 25, 2019.*
Monday – Friday at 12 Noon and 5pm local Market time, a pre-recorded Keyword Liner will be played along with a Solicit “You have 9 minutes and 57 seconds to text-in-to-win”. The listener will text in that designated Keyword to 67664 to qualify. .
Stephens Media Group is not responsible for technical difficulties. Calls outside of contest time may not be accepted. Streaming audio could be delayed for several minutes decreasing a streaming contestant’s chance of qualifying.
Winners must be 18 years or older and will be responsible for all taxes. A listener and/or household may only win one Ultimate FORE for FOUR Getaway during the promotion. In order to receive the prize, the winner must provide a valid photo identification and supply their Social Security number for tax purposes. Prize(s) will be processed upon verification of winner and receipt of all completed prize winner paperwork. All taxes, including but not limited to, federal , state, and local taxes, and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of a prize are solely the responsibility of the winner. Participation in the Promotion constitutes entrant’s and/or winner’s permission for Stephens Media Group to use his/her name, prize(s) won, city of residence, recorded voice, and/or likeness for promotional purposes. The prize is nontransferable and there is no cash equivalent.
Stephens Media Group is not responsible for cancellation due to weather or natural disaster. In the event of cancellation, no substitution of prize(s) will be awarded.
This contest may be discontinued at any time without notice. Contesting dates may vary. Employees and relatives of Stephens Media Group are not eligible to win. Competing radio stations and their employees are not eligible to win.
*Stephens Media Group reserves the right to terminate, suspend, extend or modify the Promotion at any time without notice. Failure to comply with the Promotion rules may result in a contestant’s disqualification solely at the discretion of Stephens Media Group.
A copy of the Official Rules is available, during regular business hours, at 3360 Alta Mesa Drive, Redding, CA 96002 and at the Station’s webpage at www.957thewolfonline.com.